Border guard in Chernihiv region tries to leak information to FSB about protection of Ukraine's northern borders
The SBU and the State Border Service have exposed another Russian agent. He turned out to be a border guard from Chernihiv Region.
This was reported by the SBU press service.
According to the investigation, the intruder wanted to pass to the Russian special services information on the protection of the Ukrainian borders.
It is noted that the official was recruited by a cadre of the FSB before a full-scale invasion began.
After 24 February 2022, the enemy "activated" his henchman to conduct reconnaissance and subversive activities against Ukraine in a war environment. The agent was to find and hand over to the Russians photos of orders and plans for engineering measures of the state border within the Chernihiv region.
This information was required by the occupants to prepare and carry out a series of sabotage activities in the border regions in northern Ukraine.
The SBU reported that the suspect is suspected under Part 2 of Article 111 of the Ukrainian Criminal Code (state treason committed under martial law). A measure of restraint has been chosen for him - detention in custody.
An investigation is under way to establish all the circumstances of the crime and bring the perpetrators to justice.
- Residents of flooded towns report that Russian invaders do not allow them to evacuate
- Syrskyi talks about AFU advance near Bakhmut
- Ukrhydroenergo says when water from Kakhovka reservoir will peak
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
Eugenia Ruban writes about political and economic news. She looks at large-scale phenomena in Ukrainian politics and economics from the perspective of how they will affect ordinary Ukrainians.