General Staff: Rumours of possible AFU incursion spread in Kursk
Amid rumours circulating in the Kursk region of the Russian Federation, fortification of defence positions in the areas bordering Ukraine continues
The General Staff stated:
The enemy continues to suffer casualties. The number of occupant deaths among the mobilised Kursk region is rising, as evidenced by local media. Furthermore, due to information about human casualties, the war in Ukraine is less and less supported by the younger generation of Russians.
Also, British Intelligence stated that Russia has begun to expand its defensive positions along the border with Ukraine and deep into the Belgorod region.
Information on the digging of trenches in Belgorod has been made public since at least April 2022.
British intelligence reported:
It is very likely that the Russian authorities are trying to stoke patriotic feelings by building defences on Russian territory. It is also probably an indicator of the sincere (but false) conviction of some authorities that there is a real threat of Ukrainian forces invading Russian territory.
- Underground centres of the "Communist Party of Bolsheviks" dismantled in Ukraine
- SBU dismantles 'communist cell' in Ukraine
- Occupiers in Luhansk Region set up provocations to find guerrillas
- Czech president says Ukraine has only one shot at a major counteroffensive
- VAKS seizes all Ukrainian assets from Russian oligarch Rotenberg and his son
- Occupiers threaten residents of temporarily occupied Kherson region with prison for lack of Russian passports