Invaders prepare for 'elections' in temporarily occupied Melitopol
Russian invaders are making preparations for the so-called elections on the territory of temporarily occupied Zaporizhzhya Region, particularly in Melitopol.
The mayor of Melitopol, Ivan Fedorov, said this on the air of a national telethon.
According to Fedorov, many factors testify to the preparations for the "elections".
First, all the Russian parties that we only know: United Russia, the LDPR, and so on have registered on the territory of Melitopol - their offices and representatives have appeared. Secondly, Gauleiter Balitskyi got a deputy for the organisation of elections from the temporarily occupied Crimea from Sevastopol, where he was 'deputy governor'," the mayor said.
He stressed that the occupiers had already set up a "central electoral commission of Zaporizhzhya Region", designating Melitopol as the so-called centre of the temporarily occupied part of the region.
- AFU advances on Bakhmut direction - Malyar
- В КГГА сообщили, сколько вражеских объектов сбили в небе над Киевом
- The General Staff commented on Russian claims of a counter-offensive
- How much damage the Russian aggression has done to Ukraine's environment has been revealed
- Two drones crash in Kaluga region
- In Zaporizhzhya, Russians force taxi drivers to spy on locals
Eugenia Ruban writes about political and economic news. She looks at large-scale phenomena in Ukrainian politics and economics from the perspective of how they will affect ordinary Ukrainians.