EU intends to commit to providing Ukraine with shells for a year - media
The EU does not have enough capacity to produce the required number of shells for Ukraine.
European Union foreign ministers plan to sign an ammunition supply plan for Ukraine on Monday, 20 March 2023. This was reported by Radio Liberty journalist Ricard Jozwiak on Twitter .
The journalist notes that Europe intends to provide Ukraine with 1 million artillery shells over the next 12 months.
EU foreign ministers to sign ammunition supply plan for Ukraine - aiming to provide Kiev with 1 million artillery shells over the next 12 months," the report said.
He also praised Estonia for the diplomatic work done. It was this country that launched this initiative.
It should be noted that Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksiy Reznikov believes that Ukraine may need four times as many shells for a year.
Meanwhile, in Europe they say there is a crisis and a shortage of components to produce the required number of arms. They are considering buying ammunition for Ukraine from India, South Korea and the USA.
- How much damage the Russian aggression has done to Ukraine's environment has been revealed
- Shelling in the Kherson region. One person killed, two injured
- Two drones crash in Kaluga region
- The enemy shelled Kharkiv Region over the past 24 hours. There are casualties.
- NYT: war unleashed by Russia negatively affected pregnant women and newborns in Ukraine
- Which categories of Ukrainian doctors in the front-line territories received a salary increase?
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.