Germany's new defence minister to come to Ukraine - media
The visit could take place in the coming weeks.
German Defence Minister Boris Pistorius intends to go to Ukraine soon, he told the Bild newspaper.
There is no doubt, however, that I will go to Ukraine soon. Perhaps even in the next four weeks," he said.
He also called the head of the Ukrainian Defence Ministry, Oleksiy Reznikov, an open and decent man who knows exactly what he wants.
Pistorius added that Germany continued dialogue with international partners on supplying Ukraine with German Leopard tanks.
Speaking about his plans, he stressed that his goal is to create the strongest and best-equipped army in the EU in Germany, noting that it might take more than three years.
Furthermore, Pistorius stressed that he always stays in touch as "there is a war going on in Europe".
- Ukrainian military already in Germany to master Patriot SAMs
- Scholz intends to keep calling Putin
- The first group of Ukrainian troops for training has already arrived in Germany
- The German tank epic is over. Ukraine gets Leopard 2. Why they are so important to us
- Scholz agrees to hand Ukraine a company of Leopard 2 tanks
- Polish Foreign Ministry promises Germany international isolation if it does not hand over tanks