Zelensky says compromise with Russia possible
The Kremlin head should be held accountable for the invading war on Ukrainian territory, the president stressed.
Ukraine cannot compromise with Russia because the head of this state, Vladimir Putin, is guilty of grave war crimes on the territory of our state. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said this in an interview with the Japanese publication Yomiuri Shimbun.
He is guilty. Therefore Ukraine cannot compromise," Zelenskyy said.
Zelenskyy also stressed that Ukraine intends to push for Putin to be held accountable for what he did.
In February, Ukraine submitted to the UN General Assembly a resolution, which was adopted by a majority vote, saying that serious crimes related to Russia's aggression should be "investigated and prosecuted". Now Ukraine is expected to submit to the UN General Assembly a resolution on setting up a special tribunal to deal with cases of aggression, a Japanese media publication has said.
We shall remind you that the International Criminal Court in The Hague said that it had issued an arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin "in the context of the situation in Ukraine".
In addition to Putin, the court also issued a warrant for the arrest of Maria Lvova-Belova, the Russian ombudsman for children's rights, for the "illegal deportation" of Ukrainian children.
- Residents of flooded towns report that Russian invaders do not allow them to evacuate
- Kherson OVA says how many homes already flooded after Kakhovka hydro-electric power plant blow-up
- Syrskyi talks about AFU advance near Bakhmut
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.