Zelensky explains why the Ukrainian armed forces have not yet launched a counter-offensive
An offensive against the enemy was planned for spring 2023.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces do not yet have enough weapons to launch a counter-offensive against the Russian army. The head of state said this in an interview with the Japanese publication The Yomiuri Shimbun.
Ukraine is not yet able to launch its counter-offensive, which was announced earlier. Because our country is waiting for sufficient weapons from partners," he said.
The president stressed that it would be difficult to go on the offensive with naked weapons. and Ukraine counts on the support of allies. In particular, Ukraine needs ammunition and fighter jets.
He noted that it is precisely because of the lack of ammunition that the situation in the east remains difficult.
We are waiting for ammunition from our partners," Zelenskyy said.
At the same time, he pointed out that the Russian occupiers were using three times more ammunition than the Ukrainian forces on a daily basis.
Zelenskyy stressed that Ukraine could not send its brave defenders to a counteroffensive without sufficient weapons.
- Kherson OVA says how many homes already flooded after Kakhovka hydro-electric power plant blow-up
- Syrskyi talks about AFU advance near Bakhmut
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- Kakhovskaya hydropower plant completely destroyed and cannot be restored
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.