US alleges use of Chinese shells on frontline in Ukraine
The shells were probably fired by Russian troops.
According to the Japanese newspaper Kyodo News, citing government sources, the USA has received evidence that the Chinese shells were used during the fighting in Ukraine. Washington believes that the shells were used by the Russians.
The US government has determined that the munitions found in Ukraine were made in China. Experts analysed their composition, but did not disclose which ammunition had been found," the report said.
Whether the munitions were directly supplied by China to Russia remains unclear, US administration sources said, adding that Washington is ready to take action if it is confirmed that Beijing made the shipments.
The United States has notified some of its partners.
Recall that Chinese leader Xi Jinping plans to travel to Moscow for a three-day state visit next week.
- Foreign Ministry reveals how many countries supported the creation of a special tribunal over Russia
- Baranov talks about how Ukrainian missile forces and artillery are improving
- More than 344,000 Ukrainians have reported damaged and destroyed property
- SBU detains enemy informer in Kharkiv region
- 15 children deported by Russians returned to Ukraine
- How many people remain in Avdiivka has been revealed