US alleges use of Chinese shells on frontline in Ukraine
The shells were probably fired by Russian troops.
According to the Japanese newspaper Kyodo News, citing government sources, the USA has received evidence that the Chinese shells were used during the fighting in Ukraine. Washington believes that the shells were used by the Russians.
The US government has determined that the munitions found in Ukraine were made in China. Experts analysed their composition, but did not disclose which ammunition had been found," the report said.
Whether the munitions were directly supplied by China to Russia remains unclear, US administration sources said, adding that Washington is ready to take action if it is confirmed that Beijing made the shipments.
The United States has notified some of its partners.
Recall that Chinese leader Xi Jinping plans to travel to Moscow for a three-day state visit next week.
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- Kakhovskaya hydropower plant completely destroyed and cannot be restored
- 70% of the Kakhovka reservoir: what is the situation with access to water in Kryvyi Rih
- 80 settlements may be flooded after Russians blow up Kakhovska hydropower plant
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.