Ukrzaliznytsia intends to open three international crossings
The company is strengthening its presence in the western direction.
Ukrzaliznytsia intends to strengthen rail traffic at three more border crossings to expand their capacity. Valery Tkachev, deputy director of the department of commercial work of Ukrzaliznytsia, stated this, writes Rail.Insider .
In particular, a few days ago, traffic began along the restored Berezina-Basarabeasca line, he drew attention.
Tkachev added that the company intends to launch trains on the route Grebenne-Rava-Russkaya and Strazhava-Krostsenko (Poland), as well as Delovoe-Valya-Visheului (Romania).
These border crossings are aimed at expanding the capacity, - said Tkachev.
Ukrzaliznytsia notes that the Ukraine-Romania route remains one of the most demanded, both for passenger and freight transport.
The company believes that the opening of new routes towards Romania will allow sending an additional six pairs of freight trains per day or an additional 3.5 million tons of cargo per year to the west.
New travel directions also create a prospect for the development of passenger traffic between Uzhgorod and Ivano-Frankivsk and Chernivtsi, as well as international routes between Ukrainian and Romanian cities, both from Uzhgorod and from Ivano-Frankivsk and Chernivtsi.
- Despite the shelling, trains in Kiev arrive on schedule - Ukrzaliznytsia
- Ukrzaliznytsia returns hot meals to trains
- Ukrzaliznytsia launches first routes to deoccupied Balakliya
- Payment by bank card in ground transport in Kyiv will work in October
- Ukrzaliznytsia offered evacuation flights to residents of Crimea
- In Kyiv, you can pay for the fare with a bank card