Athletes in Russia banned from traveling abroad so as not to run away
The Kremlin believes that athletes can desert.
Russian athletes were banned from traveling abroad not only for training camps but also for competitions. Writes Inside the Games concerning the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation.
At the same time, the Minister of Sports of Russia, Oleg Matytsin, explained that "the course dictates this decision towards strengthening the national sports industry and the formation of sports and economic sovereignty."
However, Inside the Games writes that the authorities are afraid of the desertion of leading athletes.
Russia has announced a "partial" mobilization to be sent to war in Ukraine. Officially the Kremlin announced 300 thousand people; however, according to the media, the real goal of the authorities is to gather more than a million soldiers. This caused an Annika among the population of the Russian Federation, and many rushed to flee abroad, even to those countries that only yesterday the Russians called "sucks."
- Ukraine returned from captivity 50 more servicemen
- In Mariupol people are dying of cold
- Satellite images show Russians preparing for new air attack on Ukraine
- Crime in Kiev dropped during blackout - National Police
- A third bomb discovered in Spain in the last two days
- Pentagon signs billion-dollar contract to supply NASAMS air defence systems to Ukraine