Reznikov voiced Ukraine's main needs for a counter-offensive
During a meeting with a delegation from the European Union Committee, Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksiy Reznikov outlined Ukraine's needs for a successful counter-offensive.
This was reported by the Ukrainian Defence Ministry.
The defence minister briefed European partners on the current state of affairs at the front line, in particular in the northern, eastern and southern sectors. He also drew attention to the EU assistance to the Ukrainian Defence Forces and professional training of Ukrainian servicemen abroad.
We are preparing for a counter-offensive operation, so Ukraine needs, above all, heavy equipment and trained reserves. We are interested in training the Ukrainian military at all levels: from individual training of soldiers to collective exercises of brigade-level units," Oleksiy Reznikov said.
He added that the Defence Ministry and the Armed Forces pay great attention to the issue of weapons supply and accounting.
- Syrskyi talks about AFU advance near Bakhmut
- Ukrhydroenergo says when water from Kakhovka reservoir will peak
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- International reaction to the destruction of the Kakhovskaya HPP by the Russians
Eugenia Ruban writes about political and economic news. She looks at large-scale phenomena in Ukrainian politics and economics from the perspective of how they will affect ordinary Ukrainians.