The Verkhovna Rada adopted a law on compensation for injury or death of civilians
Civilians who suffered as a result of Russian aggression are now entitled to compensation from the state in the amount of 200,000 to 1m hryvnyas.
This was reported by Sotsyalka.ua.
Reportedly, this became possible due to the fact that the Verkhovna Rada adopted the law "On a one-time financial aid for life and health damage caused to employees of critical infrastructure facilities, civil servants, local government officials as a result of the military aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine".
The payments are intended for employees of critical infrastructure facilities, civil servants, and local government officials who suffered disability while performing their duties in areas of military operations or in areas that were bombed. In the event of death, state support will be provided to family members of the deceased.
The amount of the lump sum benefit will depend on the group of disability received, namely:
- for persons with group I disability - UAH 800 thousand
- to persons with group II disability - UAH 500 thousand
- to persons with group III disability - 200 thousand UAH;
In the event of the death of a person, the State shall pay 1 million UAH to the family.
- Syrskyi talks about AFU advance near Bakhmut
- Ukrhydroenergo says when water from Kakhovka reservoir will peak
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- International reaction to the destruction of the Kakhovskaya HPP by the Russians
Eugenia Ruban writes about political and economic news. She looks at large-scale phenomena in Ukrainian politics and economics from the perspective of how they will affect ordinary Ukrainians.