New weapons from the US and Turkey as a guarantor of security: the main thing for March 31
We bring to your attention a review of international events through the prism of the war in Ukraine, made by the editors of the Socportal as of March 31.
1. Spanish Defense Minister Margarita Robles said that on Thursday, Spain sent ten planes with weapons to Ukraine.
2. NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg declined to answer the question of providing Ukraine with offensive weapons, noting that the assistance provided by the Alliance is already playing a role on the battlefield.
3. British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace said more lethal weapons would be sent to Ukraine to counter Russian aggression.
4. The Ukrainian military submitted to the US Congress a list of military equipment necessary to deter Russian aggression.
The main thing: British intelligence predicts fierce fighting in the vicinity of Kyiv.
1. The US Department of the Treasury has imposed sanctions against 13 Russians and 21 Russian companies working in the field of high technologies, including for the needs of the Russian army.
2. Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda considers it necessary to increase sanctions against Russia for its war of aggression without waiting for the Kremlin to decide to stop.
3. British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss announced on Thursday the imposition of new sanctions against Russian propagandists, as well as against Russian Colonel General Mikhail Mizintsev, known as the "Mariupol butcher" for the brutal blockade and destruction of Mariupol.
4. Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba discussed with his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian the preparation of the fifth package of EU sanctions against the Russian Federation.
The main thing: President Volodymyr Zelensky, in his speech to the Dutch parliament on Thursday, called for tougher sanctions against the Russian Federation and more serious weapons so that Ukraine could drive the occupiers out of its territory.
1. The European Commission begins negotiations with Ukraine to offer Kiev the opportunity to join the LIFE climate and environment program to help rebuild the country after the devastation of war.
2. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that his country is ready to become one of the guarantors of security for Ukraine, but the details of this still need to be determined.
3. Turkey is trying to organize a meeting of the foreign ministers of the Russian Federation and Ukraine to negotiate an end to the war in continuation of the last meeting in Istanbul.
The main thing is that Germany is ready to give a guarantee of Ukraine's security, but declares that the war continues and a breakthrough in peace negotiations has not yet been reached.
1. Sweden will allocate 10.5 billion Swedish kronor ($1.1 billion) in the spring budget for housing and other expenses for Ukrainian refugees.
2. Following heavy criticism on social media, chocolate maker Ritter Sport pledged to donate proceeds from its current business in Russia to humanitarian organizations.
3. Several municipalities in Denmark say they are experiencing difficulties with the settlement of Ukrainians who came to the country because of the war.
The main thing: one of the streets of Polish Gdansk will be renamed in honor of the hero city Mariupol.
- One of the Russian Federation's marine infantry brigades has been destroyed and rebuilt eight times since the war began
- Ukraine allows mass production of drones
- Mykolaiv fire sprinkler will spend 11 years behind bars
- Russians launch missile attack on PKO in Donetsk region: there are fatalities
- Russian occupiers were grooming girls as young as 12 before they were taken to the Urals for sexual slavery
- Ukraine returns seven children taken by occupiers