Can't be underestimated. Ukrainian border guards told how many Russian troops are in Belarus
Now there are about 9-10 thousand Russian military personnel on the territory of Belarus. They train there or take part in joint exercises.
This was reported by the Ukrainian State Border Guard Service's spokesman Andriy Demchenko on air of the Kyiv TV channel.
The situation on the border with Belarus remains fully under control. There is no sufficient grouping on the other side of the border that would be able to invade the territory of Ukraine," he said.
However, Demchenko noted that the enemy should not be underestimated. Ukraine is ready for any situation to develop, so the fighters are fortifying the border line so that all the Defence Forces have the capacity to repel any attack.
At the same time, Belarus continues to provide the Russian Federation with its military infrastructure, airspace and bases.
About 9,000 to 10,000 Russian military personnel are stationed in Belarus. They are mainly involved in joint exercises or training. Periodically these units are rotated. As a matter of fact, this is still taking place. Those units that have already been trained are being withdrawn to Russia to strengthen the grouping of Russian troops in the east of our country," the speaker said.
New units will be brought to the territory of Belarus and they will be trained.
- Belarusian border guards avenge "Valera"
- The Verkhovna Rada adopted a law on compensation for injury or death of civilians
- Occupiers plan mobilisation in Mariupol
- More than 90% of Ukrainians believe in defeating Russia
- Occupiers hit Zaporizhzhya and Orekhovo: some wounded
- Reznikov voiced Ukraine's main needs for a counter-offensive
- Power engineers explode mine in Kherson region - two dead, one wounded