The number of sentences for draft evasion has increased. Details
As of August 31 this year, the Unified State Register of Court Decisions contains 66 sentences for criminal offenses under Article 336 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
At the same time, there is no acquittal; all persons admitted guilt. Roman Likhachev, a lawyer, a participant in the international initiative Tribunal for Putin, said.
The number of sentences by region was distributed as follows:
- Volyn region - 5 sentences (1 for an internally displaced person);
- Dnipropetrovsk region - 7 sentences (1 for an internally displaced person);
- Zhytomyr region - 1 sentence;
- Transcarpathian region - 31 sentences (9 against internally displaced persons);
- Ivano-Frankivsk region - 2 sentences (1 concerning an internally displaced person);
- Kirovograd region - 2 sentences;
- Lviv region - 10 sentences (2 sentences against internally displaced persons);
- Poltava region - 1 sentence;
- Rivne region - 1 sentence;
- Sumy region - 1 sentence;
- Kharkiv region - 2 sentences (2 against internally displaced persons);
- Cherkasy region - 2 sentences;
- Chernivtsi region - 1 sentence.
If there were 10 court verdicts in the then register a month and a half ago, then at the end of August, there were already 66 of them, Roman Likhachev emphasizes.
In most sentences, the courts imposed a standard sentence of three years imprisonment with one year's probation.
Yuriy emphasizes that those who have already passed the medical examination face the most severe punishment: “if you do not appear at the recruitment center after receiving the summons, you can get a fine. 3400 UAH."
A term of 3 to 5 years threatens those who escaped, having already been recognized fit for service according to the results of a medical examination and those who received a “combat” summons to be sent to a unit. But it also happens that the military registration and enlistment office is looking for a person who is not subject to mobilization under the law of Ukraine, Roman Likhachev added.
The lawyer also spoke about the conflict of law.
I have read many judgments on these cases. It says that a person cannot be away at his residence, notified about it, and so on. When a person is called up for military service, how will he fulfill his duties on probation? Yes, there is such a conflict in the legislation. A person who evaded mobilization may receive a summons again and must come to the military enlistment office. And this is not a basis for exemption from march, - says Roman Likhachev.