UN confirms sexual abuse of children by Russian military
The occupiers committed violence against Ukrainian children.
Yasminka Dzhumhur, Bosnia and Herzegovina's Commissioner for Human Rights and a member of the UN International Commission of Inquiry on Violations in Ukraine, spoke about the established facts of sexual violence against children by the Russian military in an interview with Radio Liberty.
We have registered several crimes against children, including a wide range of sexual abuse," Jasminka Dzhumhur said.
The UN Commission also has information on the smuggling of children from Ukraine to the Russian Federation. Ukrainian children are still there. The return of these children is reportedly still being addressed. After all, in many cases the biological parents reside in Ukraine.
The UN Commission will reportedly release a comprehensive report on human rights violations and crimes committed by Russia during the war against Ukraine in March.
- Ukrainian medics in war zones are announcing salary cuts despite promised raises
- West estimates how many people Russia lost in Bakhmut seizure
- Another mass attack in Kyiv region. There have been casualties
- Russia destroys more than 1,000 medical facilities in Ukraine - the highest number in the world
- Russian troops shell Dnipropetrovsk region. There are casualties.
- White House comments on strikes on Russia