Ukrainian soldier recounts miraculous rescue of his mother in Dnipro
Russians hit an apartment block in Dnipro, killing more than 20 people.
A Ukrainian soldier, who is on the front line near Bakhmut, recounted the miraculous rescue of his mother, who was at home in the kitchen when her house collapsed in Dnipro.
The Ukrainian warrior wrote on Instagram: "While I am fighting in Donbass, they decided to destroy my house while my mother, dog and cat were there."
He reported that his mother miraculously survived in a tiny piece of the kitchen. at the same time, she was pinned by the cooker on top:
Four hours after the explosion, flying from Bakhmut to Dnipro, I learn in this video that my mother miraculously survived, in a piece of kitchen, the only surviving part of my flat on the ninth floor, pinned by a cooker
He has also posted a video that features his mother.
The woman is currently in hospital.
On 14 January, the Russian military fired 38 missiles into Ukraine, one of which hit a residential block of flats in Dnipro. One of the entrances was completely destroyed as a result of the strike. Up to 200 people, including about 50 children, may have been inside. 27 people are now known to have died.
- ISW: Kremlin fails attempts to motivate Russians for protracted war
- Reznikov pledged guarantees not to bomb Russia with long-range weapons
- Russian marauders from Bucha were captured
- Russian officer who fled abroad speaks out about torture of Ukrainian military
- Kyiv defence commander reveals new Russian tactics
- How many children are left in Bakhmut today