Putin allegedly instructed to impose a ceasefire in Ukraine on Christmas Day
Russian President Vladimir Putin is allegedly planning a Christmas truce.
This was reported by Meduza.
It is about a cease-fire along the contact line in Ukraine for Orthodox Christmas, from 12:00 on 6 January to 24:00 on 7 January.
It is reported that the cease-fire is announced at the suggestion of Patriarch Kyrill, head of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Based on the fact that a large number of Orthodox citizens live in the areas of hostilities, we call on the Ukrainian side to declare a ceasefire and allow them to attend services on Christmas Eve as well as on Christmas Day," the Kremlin said in a statement on its website.
Ukraine has reacted to Putin's words about a "ceasefire" for Christmas:
Russia must leave the occupied territories - only then will it have a 'temporary truce'. Keep the hypocrisy to yourself.. - wrote OP head adviser Mykhaylo Podolyak.
US President. Biden commented on Putin's Christmas truce initiative as follows:
I don't want to respond to what Putin says. Interestingly, he was ready to bomb hospitals, kindergartens and churches... December 25th and on New Year's Day... I think he is trying to take a break.
- Russian officer who fled abroad speaks out about torture of Ukrainian military
- Kiev defence commander reveals new Russian tactics
- How many children are left in Bakhmut today
- Hit on apartment block in Kramatorsk: 3 people killed
- Russians storm Bakhmut again
- Ukrainian intelligence reveals volume of trophy Russian equipment with AFU