Russian casualties in Ukraine reach 188,000 - The Sun
The Kremlin is deliberately downplaying Russian losses on the front.
According to US intelligence, Russian casualties in Ukraine have reached 188,000, The Sun reports.
According to the publication, this is the number of Russians killed or wounded in action that was announced to the allies at yesterday's meeting in Ramstein.
The Sun quotes US General Mark Milley as saying that Russia has suffered huge losses, including the armed forces and a group of mercenaries from the Wagner PMC.
The head of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff estimated the number of Russian casualties as "well over 100,000". At the same time, he noted that the Ukrainians were also suffering heavy losses. However, he did not specify the number of casualties on the Ukrainian side.
- Volunteers manage to return 16 Ukrainian children from Russia
- ISW: Kremlin fails attempts to motivate Russians for protracted war
- Reznikov pledged guarantees not to bomb Russia with long-range weapons
- Russian marauders from Bucha were captured
- Russian officer who fled abroad speaks out about torture of Ukrainian military
- Kyiv defence commander reveals new Russian tactics