Russian casualties in Ukraine reach 188,000 - The Sun
The Kremlin is deliberately downplaying Russian losses on the front.
According to US intelligence, Russian casualties in Ukraine have reached 188,000, The Sun reports.
According to the publication, this is the number of Russians killed or wounded in action that was announced to the allies at yesterday's meeting in Ramstein.
The Sun quotes US General Mark Milley as saying that Russia has suffered huge losses, including the armed forces and a group of mercenaries from the Wagner PMC.
The head of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff estimated the number of Russian casualties as "well over 100,000". At the same time, he noted that the Ukrainians were also suffering heavy losses. However, he did not specify the number of casualties on the Ukrainian side.
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- Kakhovskaya hydropower plant completely destroyed and cannot be restored
- 70% of the Kakhovka reservoir: what is the situation with access to water in Kryvyi Rih
- 80 settlements may be flooded after Russians blow up Kakhovska hydropower plant
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.