Powerful explosions at Zaporizhzhia NPP - IAEA
"Energoatom confirms Russian shelling of Zaporizhzhya NPP.
More than a dozen explosions were heard at the Zaporizhzhya NPP the previous evening and this morning. The IAEA team reported damage to some buildings and systems at the ZNPP site, but so far "none of them is critical to nuclear safety". It specified that at least 12 hits on the plant infrastructure were recorded, the report said.
IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi called for the introduction of a nuclear safety zone around the ZNPP as soon as possible:
Explosions have occurred at the site of this major nuclear power plant, which is totally unacceptable
Energoatom, for its part, said that at least 12 impacts on ZNPP infrastructure had been recorded:
The nature of the damage indicates that the occupants targeted and disabled exactly the infrastructure that was necessary to start units 5 and 6, as well as to restore electricity production for Ukraine's needs
- Occupiers hit Dnipro overnight: private enterprise damaged
- Arahamiya warns of more attacks by Russians
- An infant killed by Russians with a rocket is buried in Volnyansk
- Russian troops launch air strikes on Chasovy Yar
- The number of victims of the Dnipro strike has risen
- A woman injured by gunfire in Dnipro, fire breaks out in the city