Vitaly Merinov was at the front from the first days of the war.
Master of Sport in boxing Vitaly Merinov has died of wounds sustained at the front. Ivano-Frankivsk mayor Ruslan Martsinkiv spoke about his death.
It's an irreparable loss for Ivano-Frankivsk community. Vitaly Merinov died last night in the hospital as a result of the injuries he sustained in the battle," he wrote.
He expressed his condolences to the victim's relatives and noted that he was survived by his wife and two-year-old daughter.
It is known that Ruslan was 32 years old at the time of his death. He had been fighting since the first days of the Russian invasion. During one of the battles he received a shrapnel wound in his leg, but recovered and returned to the front.
Vitaly Merinov was a four-time world kickboxing champion and the Ukrainian Universal Fighting Champion.
Vitaly was also a member of the executive committee of the Ivano-Frankivsk city council and a member of the mayor's office of the previous convocation.
In 2014, he was a member of the ATO in the National Guard of Ukraine.
- How much damage the Russian aggression has done to Ukraine's environment has been revealed
- Shelling in the Kherson region. One person killed, two injured
- Two drones crash in Kaluga region
- The enemy shelled Kharkiv Region over the past 24 hours. There are casualties.
- NYT: war unleashed by Russia negatively affected pregnant women and newborns in Ukraine
- Which categories of Ukrainian doctors in the front-line territories received a salary increase?
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.