War puts 1.5 million Ukrainian children at risk of depression
In addition to depression, children may experience anxiety and other psychological problems.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said this in a conversation with actor Orlando Bloom and the UNICEF team.
The president stressed that Russia's all-out war in Ukraine has damaged or completely destroyed thousands of schools, and nearly 2.7m Ukrainian schoolchildren are forced to study online or in a mixed format.
During the meeting, we discussed humanitarian aid projects and reconstruction issues specifically targeting children. UNICEF and our teams will work on several areas, bring victory closer and return a happy childhood to Ukrainian children," Zelensky said.
Volodymyr Zelenskiy said that we all know what this aggression has brought and how full-scale the efforts of the world must be to stop it in order to rebuild Ukraine after the war.
- Ukrainian children to be obliged to attend school in Poland
- Ukraine returns seven children taken by occupiers
- Seventeen children deported by the Russians have returned to Ukraine
- There are still children in Avdeevka frontline
- In Zaporizhzhya, children brought home part of a grenade and it exploded
- Children from the Kiev region went on a trip to Romania
- Study: who Ukrainian children went abroad with after 24 February
Oleg Kotov writes about the war in Ukraine and how it is changing the world.