Another category of citizens will be released abroad
To travel abroad, you must comply with the condition.
Ukrainian sailors of draft age will be able to travel abroad. This decision was made today, August 27, by the Cabinet of Ministers, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said .
But there is a condition, sailors must coordinate their departure abroad with the military registration and enlistment office.
Seafarers will be able to cross the border only with the consent of the territorial manning center, the head of government warned.
He stressed that men who are members of the crews of sea and river vessels and continue to work on ships will be able to travel abroad. As well as students (cadets) of educational institutions who must undergo practical training on board.
Ukraine is one of the world leaders in terms of the number of highly qualified seafarers. More than 100 thousand Ukrainians work in the world merchant shipping. Such a decision will provide jobs for thousands of sailors and increase budget revenues,” Shmyhal said.
Previously, the problem was repeatedly stated by the sailors themselves and representatives of international trading companies that hired Ukrainians. Sailors were not allowed to go abroad even if they had a signed contract in their hands.
- Russia invites former Pink Floyd singer Roger Waters to UN Security Council meeting
- Britain may announce long-range weapons for Ukraine
- Russia begins to threaten Bosnia over possible NATO membership
- Defence Minister Reznikov talks about key areas where the enemy is amassing troops
- Media: Russia will launch an offensive in the next 10 days
- The Office of the President reacted to "Putin's promise not to kill Zelensky"