Expert explains why Russians are shelling civilian targets
Military analyst Pyotr Chernik believes that the purpose of Russian shelling of civilian targets is to terrorise civilians.
He said this in a commentary to the Military Media Centre.
According to him, the latest aerial attacks on residential buildings could not be the result of a mistake by the Russian military.
The expert attributed the terror attacks to the impotence of the enemy army.
They did not achieve their strategic goal of returning Ukraine to the imperial Russian fold and liquidating our state. They are objectively in a strategic trap," he noted.
Also, Pyotr Cherniak added that the Russian authorities should show their citizens that they are, they say, "punishing Ukrainian Nazis".
We shall remind you that according to the latest data, seven civilians were killed as a result of enemy strikes in Kiev Region. And in Zaporizhzhya, a rocket attack on a residential building killed one person and injured 25 others.
- Kherson OVA says how many homes already flooded after Kakhovka hydro-electric power plant blow-up
- Syrskyi talks about AFU advance near Bakhmut
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- Kakhovskaya hydropower plant completely destroyed and cannot be restored
Eugenia Ruban writes about political and economic news. She looks at large-scale phenomena in Ukrainian politics and economics from the perspective of how they will affect ordinary Ukrainians.