Verkhovna Rada to increase military spending
Changes to the state budget for 2023 are planned.
The Verkhovna Rada plans to change the 2023 budget by increasing military spending by 500bn hryvnyas. The announcement was made by an MP of the Golos faction and first deputy head of the committee for finance, tax and customs policy, Yaroslav Zheleznyak, on Telegram.
According to the committee's first deputy chairman, the adoption of the amendments is scheduled for this week.
Military spending will be increased by over half a trillion hryvnias. Yes, it is not a mistake, an increase by 500+bn hryvnyas," Zheleznyak said.
We shall remind you that the head of the government Denis Shmygal said that the development of the Ukrainian army will be one of the priority tasks for the country's leadership in 2023.
The Ukrainian budget for the current year includes UAH 2.6 trillion for expenses, of which UAH 1.141 trillion, or 43% of all expenses, and 18.2% of GDP. In 2022, 133.5bn hryvnyas was earmarked for the Defence Ministry, while this year it will total 857.9bn hryvnyas.
- Ukraine to raise the age limit for contract military service for officers
- Baranov talks about how Ukrainian missile forces and artillery are improving
- State to spend all taxes on defence - Shmygal
- Putin wants to mobilise half a million more Russians - The Times
- Lukashenko begins a "surprise" inspection of his army's combat readiness