Air Force answers how many F-16 fighters Ukraine may receive
The F-16 fighters, whose transfer has been approved by the US, are likely to fly over Ukraine as early as this autumn.
Allies may provide Ukrainian defenders with several dozen US F-16 fighter jets. The statement was made by Yuriy Ignat, spokesman of the Air Force Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, in an information telethon.
According to him, the Western partners will not transfer the planes one by one. They will be transferred in units, which is at least a squadron. In the Ukrainian version it is 12+ aircraft.
Thus, several dozens of planes may be transferred to Ukraine first to solve current tasks," Ignat said.
He noted that Ukraine currently has four types of major aircraft in its arsenal: the SU-24, SU-25, MiG-29 and SU-27.
All these types of aircraft can be replaced by a single multi-purpose aircraft F-16," he pointed out.
Earlier, Ignat said that when partners provide Ukraine with F-16 fighter jets, our country will win the war unleashed by Russia. These aircraft will be put on combat duty in different regions.
Earlier US President Joe Biden opposed the transfer of these fighters to Ukraine. However, his opinion has changed.
- Kherson OVA says how many homes already flooded after Kakhovka hydro-electric power plant blow-up
- Syrskyi talks about AFU advance near Bakhmut
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- Kakhovskaya hydropower plant completely destroyed and cannot be restored
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.