Ukraine demands lists of all abducted children from Russia
The Russians have deported thousands of Ukrainian children to their territory.
Ukraine has demanded that Russia provide it with lists of all orphans and children deprived of parental care who were taken to Russia. This was said in a statement by the Ukrainian minister for reintegration of the temporarily occupied territories, Iryna Vereshchuk.
She made this demand to the Russian ombudsman Tatyana Moskalkova and the Russian ombudsman for children's rights Maria Lvova-Belova.
I propose to immediately hand over to the Ukrainian side the lists of all orphans and children deprived of parental care who: 1) 02.24.2022 were citizens of Ukraine, up to 18 years old; 2) are now in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine; 3) have been removed from the temporarily exported from the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine on Russian territory," the minister said.
Earlier in an interview with Ukrainian Radio , Vereshchuk said that the Russians had deported 2,161 Ukrainian orphans.
At the same time, Ukrainian ombudsman Dmytro Lubinets said that the number of all Ukrainian children illegally exported to Russia, including those deported together with their parents, might reach 150,000.
Russia cites the figure of 733,000 Ukrainian children whom it keeps on its territory.
- Foreign Ministry reveals how many countries supported the creation of a special tribunal over Russia
- 15 children deported by Russians returned to Ukraine
- Russia has become China's biggest oil supplier
- Kremlin officials banned from using iPhones
- Xi Jinping has already arrived in Moscow to meet Putin
- Russia and China undermine international order - US