Ukraine demands lists of all abducted children from Russia
The Russians have deported thousands of Ukrainian children to their territory.
Ukraine has demanded that Russia provide it with lists of all orphans and children deprived of parental care who were taken to Russia. This was said in a statement by the Ukrainian minister for reintegration of the temporarily occupied territories, Iryna Vereshchuk.
She made this demand to the Russian ombudsman Tatyana Moskalkova and the Russian ombudsman for children's rights Maria Lvova-Belova.
I propose to immediately hand over to the Ukrainian side the lists of all orphans and children deprived of parental care who: 1) 02.24.2022 were citizens of Ukraine, up to 18 years old; 2) are now in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine; 3) have been removed from the temporarily exported from the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine on Russian territory," the minister said.
Earlier in an interview with Ukrainian Radio , Vereshchuk said that the Russians had deported 2,161 Ukrainian orphans.
At the same time, Ukrainian ombudsman Dmytro Lubinets said that the number of all Ukrainian children illegally exported to Russia, including those deported together with their parents, might reach 150,000.
Russia cites the figure of 733,000 Ukrainian children whom it keeps on its territory.
- Kadyrov says he is ready to send his mercenaries "to defend Belgorod"
- Details of girl killed in Russian attack in Dnipropetrovsk region revealed
- The RDK and Freedom of Russia have summoned the governor of Belgorod Region for talks
- President publishes video in which he talks about children killed by Russia
- Gumcorridors in Ukraine opened for residents of the Belgorod region - Legion of Liberty
- Russian propagandists come up with a new story about battle locusts attacking Russia
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.