Syrsky: the enemy is conducting offensives along the entire eastern front line
Virtually along the entire eastern front line, the enemy is conducting offensives in an attempt to break through our defences and advance deep into our fighting lines.
This was reported by the commander of the Ground Forces, Colonel-General Oleksandr Syrskyy, the Military Media Centre has said.
He noted that the fiercest battles continued in the areas of Kremenna, Torske, Bilohorivka and Spornyy.
However, Bakhmut remains the epicentre of hostilities. Fighting for the city continues.
The enemy has engaged all its capabilities and is attempting to breach the defences in several directions and completely encircle the city.
Fighting is taking place in the north, east and south of the city, thanks to the courage of our soldiers the enemy is suffering huge losses and is once again rolling back without success, he said.
According to him, Ukrainian units have had partial success in some sectors.
- Ukrhydroenergo says when water from Kakhovka reservoir will peak
- How the destruction of the Kakhovka reservoir will affect southern Ukraine
- Zelensky initiates emergency meeting of NSDC over Kakhovska hydropower plant explosion
- Russia blows up the Kakhovka HPP: what will be the consequences
- International reaction to the destruction of the Kakhovskaya HPP by the Russians
- Overnight, Russia launched another attack on Ukrainian territory: air defence destroyed 35 of 35 cruise missiles
Eugenia Ruban writes about political and economic news. She looks at large-scale phenomena in Ukrainian politics and economics from the perspective of how they will affect ordinary Ukrainians.