Ukraine is not interested in freezing the conflict, but in an early victory.
This year could be a year of victory for Ukraine, but a lot of effort must be put into it, Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksiy Reznikov said in an interview with Rosemary Barton Live.
When asked when the war between Ukraine and Russia might end, the defence minister said that he remained optimistic.
I hope that this year will be the year of victory," Reznikov said.
The minister noted that much needs to be done to achieve this, but the Ukrainian people want victory as soon as possible. This includes the equipment promised by the allies. In particular, the minister expects that the tanks announced by the partners will be ready by spring and will hit the battlefield in March.
The minister noted that the tanks are "not the end of the story, they are just the beginning".
- Ukrainian medics in war zones are announcing salary cuts despite promised raises
- West estimates how many people Russia lost in Bakhmut seizure
- Another mass attack in Kyiv region. There have been casualties
- Russia destroys more than 1,000 medical facilities in Ukraine - the highest number in the world
- Russian troops shell Dnipropetrovsk region. There are casualties.
- White House comments on strikes on Russia
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.