Ukraine launched a counteroffensive in the east and south of the country.
Balakleya, Kharkiv region, liberated from Russian invaders. The Ukrainian flag was raised over the city. This is stated in the Telegram channel of the head of the Kharkiv OVA Oleg Sinegubov.
Balaklia is Ukraine! Today, together with the military, led by the command of the Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Syrsky, they raised the Ukrainian flag. Guys of the Armed Forces, today you are creating a new history of free Ukraine, we are proud,” he wrote.
Earlier, information appeared in the media about the successful counter-offensive actions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Balakleya region, but official sources did not confirm the de-occupation of the city.
According to the General Staff, in recent days, the Armed Forces of Ukraine have fired or taken control of more than 30 settlements that were temporarily captured by Russian invaders in the Kharkiv region, including the city of Balakleya.
- Water supply problems in temporarily occupied Berdyansk
- Eurovision 2023: Tkachenko calls on organisers to make sure the word "war" is heard from the stage
- Russians hit Kharkiv with S-300 missiles
- General Staff names localities where fiercest fighting is taking place
- Occupiers hit Kherson again at night: heavy destruction
- Bulgaria may sell large quantities of ammunition to Ukraine through intermediaries