Medical care in Slovakia: what refugees can expect
Since the beginning of the full-scale war, Slovakia has taken in almost 100,000 Ukrainian refugees. We tell you how to get medical care in this country.
Ukrainians with temporary protection status in Slovakia can receive the necessary medical care free of charge in the amount determined by the insurance VSZP, the press service of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine reports.
What services are Ukrainians entitled to:
- inspection, consultations;
- referral of the patient for examination;
- writing prescriptions.
Chronically ill patients are entitled to:
- oxygen therapy,
specific treatment for asthma
Contacts for patients in Slovakia:
You can call an ambulance in Slovakia by calling 155.
Health line for Ukrainians: +421-221-025-075.
Public health insurance company: 0-850-003-003.
Free emergency medical consultation in Ukrainian: +421-221-025-075.
- A Ukrainian Christmas stand appeared in the German city of Bonn
- Becoming a German citizen becomes easier
- Bavaria alone has taken in more Ukrainian refugees than all of France
- Berlin displays photos depicting the life of Ukrainians in the underground at the beginning of the war
- The expert talked about opportunities for Ukrainian women in Poland
- Ukraine has created a mobile application to search for our fellow citizens abroad