There can be no cooperation between Ukraine and the Russian Federation for a century - head of the Cabinet of Ministers.
Ukraine will not compromise with the aggressor state and will not cede its legitimate territories. Moreover, normal cooperation with Russia will not be possible for another 100 years, Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said in an interview with the German newspaper Focus.
Reconciliation, cooperation - no, not in the next 100 years. Russia has to change first", the prime minister said.
The prime minister stressed that before there can be a dialogue with Russia, the country must become a democratic, demilitarized and denuclearized state.
The prime minister also noted that Ukraine would not agree to any compromises and would not give up its territory in exchange for "pluses", such as faster membership in the EU and strong security guarantees for the rest of the country.
The only compromise is a complete withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine to the 1991 borders. The Russians should stop shooting, stop the aggression and leave our territory. I believe that changing the borders would be an unacceptable compromise for Europe as well," he said.
Shmyhal stressed that there could be no "freezing" of the conflict between Ukraine and Russia, as any delay in resolving it would play into the hands of the Kremlin and lead to another big war.
At the same time, Shmyhal called on the West to step up military support for Ukraine, put pressure on Moscow with sanctions and restrictions, and stressed the need to confiscate Russian assets.
- Reznikov voiced Ukraine's main needs for a counter-offensive
- Lukashenko threatens Ukraine and fears NATO will invade Belarus
- How many people have applied to join the Offensive Guard
- "The enemy is visibly nervous," Syrsky said of the situation on the Bakhmut direction
- Ukraine to raise the age limit for contract military service for officers
- The military showed what Bakhmut looks like now