Klitschko said that he will appear in the place of Lenin in Kyiv
The monument to Lenin on Shevchenko Boulevard was erected in 1946 opposite the Bessarabian market - at the site of mass executions during the Second World War.
Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko proposed to build a fountain on the site of the monument to Lenin in front of Bessarabska Square. He said this on the air of the Kyiv TV channel.
He said that on the site of the monument to Lenin there used to be monuments to Russian tsars, Grigory Rasputin, and in the 1940s there was a gallows. So, during the Nazi occupation of Kyiv, demonstrative executions were carried out at this place. And after the liberation of the city in 1943, the Nazis were already hanged here.
It's a cursed place, - the mayor emphasized.
He added that he made an offer to people with professional education to build a fountain there.
A good old fountain for the water to wash away the negative energy there,” Klitschko said.
Recall that Lenin on Bessarabka was demolished in December 2013 after the failure to sign an association agreement between Ukraine and the European Union. The place turned into an art space, where temporary installations by artists from all over the world were shown.
- Kyivans will have the country's main Christmas tree, but without illumination
- Klitschko says Kiev may face power cuts until spring
- Arahamiya warns of more attacks by Russians
- Klitschko: Kiev authorities are working to solve problems at a record pace
- Journalist told that she survived thanks to a kidney stone
- Kyiv: In areas with no light, residents will be alerted to the alarm via loudspeaker