This is about the last tank made by the Soviet Union.
Military expert Oleh Zhdanov has said that the most dangerous Russian tank for the Ukrainian army is a Soviet-made T-80BV tank, Zhdanov said on his video blog.
I think the most dangerous tank for us may be the T-80BV tank," the expert said.
He explained that the T-80 was made on the basis of the T-64.
The design changes to the chassis and turret came a little later with the installation of the gas-turbine engine. It was then decided to change the chassis, that is, the tank's transmission, and to change the suspension for the gas-turbine engine. Then the turret shape was changed slightly, but the barrel and automatic loader - the most important - were taken from the T-64 tank. The T-80 has the same rate of fire as the T-64: eight rounds per minute", said Zhdanov.
At the same time, he pointed out that the T-80 had a very low cruising range - 360km in fuel and 300-320km in combat service.
- Foreign Ministry reveals how many countries supported the creation of a special tribunal over Russia
- Baranov talks about how Ukrainian missile forces and artillery are improving
- More than 344,000 Ukrainians have reported damaged and destroyed property
- SBU detains enemy informer in Kharkiv region
- 15 children deported by Russians returned to Ukraine
- How many people remain in Avdiivka has been revealed