Russia decides to beef up security at Crimean bridge
Security on the Crimean bridge will be stepped up ahead of the holiday season.
Russian Transport Minister Vitaliy Savelyev said at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin that security on the Crimean bridge will be strengthened for the holiday season, the Kremlin press service has said.
In particular, the number of guards and inspection platforms for vehicles will be increased.
At the same time, Savelyev said, the work of the bridge is "normal". He noted that the guards inspect absolutely all vehicles entering the bridge and dangerous goods are transported by ferries.
In addition, Savelyev reported to Putin on plans to increase the number of trains to Crimea to 3 million passengers.
We would like to point out that during the last velvet season, there were not enough trains for those who wanted to flee to Russia from Crimea and there were insane queues to get across the bridge.
We shall remind you that on the morning of 8 October, a truck was blown up on the road part of the Crimean bridge from the Taman peninsula, which set fire to seven fuel tanks of a train heading to the peninsula. Russia said it was an act of terrorism.
- Kadyrov says he is ready to send his mercenaries "to defend Belgorod"
- The RDK and Freedom of Russia have summoned the governor of Belgorod Region for talks
- Gumcorridors in Ukraine opened for residents of the Belgorod region - Legion of Liberty
- Russian propagandists come up with a new story about battle locusts attacking Russia
- Occupiers mine chemical plant in Crimea
- In Crimea, occupiers confiscate housing from locals
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.