In Germany, named the name of the likely new ambassador of Ukraine
Andriy Melnyk's successor has been chosen as Ukraine's ambassador to Germany.
Oleksiy Makeev, 47, may become the new head of Ukraine's diplomatic mission in Germany. The Federal Foreign Office should officially know about this move in about two weeks. rtl.de writes about it.
Makeev has been in the Ukrainian diplomatic service since 1996. He has already worked in Berlin and Bern. From 2014 to 2020, he headed a department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Makeev speaks German and English.
Earlier it was reported that President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky removed from his post Ambassador to Germany Andriy Melnyk, who represented Ukraine in Berlin for almost eight years and was one of the most famous diplomats in Germany. Melnik constantly called on the Germans to support Ukraine, convinced them of its necessity, finally demanded concrete assistance and was not afraid of sharp attacks against the leadership of the FRG.
The media report, citing unnamed sources in Kyiv, that Melnyk is planned to be transferred to work at the Foreign Ministry soon, and then - even before the end of autumn - they may be appointed deputy foreign minister.
- Alla Pugacheva helps raise money to rebuild Ukraine
- Ukrainian ambassador's house at the Vatican smeared with faeces
- Spain transfers its SAMs to Ukraine
- Ukrainian embassies in different countries sent envelopes with animal eyes
- In Germany Ukrainians are settled in tents and gyms
- Crime in Kiev dropped during blackout - National Police