Court in The Hague hands down verdict in MH17 case
A court found Girkin, Dubinsky and Kharchenko guilty in the 2014 attack on flight MH17.
This was reported by Ukrinform.
Today a court handed down a verdict in the Malaysian Boeing attack case.
In the Netherlands, the court in the MH17 case has awarded a life sentence to FSB exofficial, former "DNR defence minister" Igor Girkin (Strelkov), a general and, at the time of the crash, a colonel of the Russian Armed Forces General Staff GRU, Serhiy Dubinsky and Ukrainian citizen Leonid Kharchenko," the article said.
The Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777, which was flying flight MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, crashed in the temporarily occupied part of Donetsk Region.
The court also awarded full compensation to the families of the victims, which reportedly totals more than 16m euros.
- Alla Pugacheva helps raise money to rebuild Ukraine
- Ukrainian embassies in different countries sent envelopes with animal eyes
- British intelligence gives reason why Russia cannot fully offensive
- Another military fighter jet goes down in Russia
- General Staff: new wave of mobilisation being prepared in Crimea
- Ukraine returned from captivity 50 more servicemen