Wipe off the face of the Earth - the UN named the goals of the Russian Federation in Ukraine
Russia blames the United States for the war in Ukraine.
Russia intends to dismantle Ukraine and "completely erase it from the map of the world." This was stated by US Ambassador to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield, writes Sky News.
During her speech before the UN Security Council, Thomas-Greenfield pointed out that many signs indicate that the Kremlin is laying the groundwork for an attempted annexation of all eastern Ukrainian regions, as well as the southern regions of Kherson and Zaporozhye. she stressed that the occupiers are preparing to hold fictitious referendums, as well as decrees are being written in Russia on the annexation of Ukrainian territories to Russia.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov openly stated that this is a Russian military target, Thomas-Greenfield said.
The comments came after Lavrov told US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken that the "constant pumping" of US and NATO weapons into Ukraine's armed forces has only "prolonged the regime's agony in Kyiv, prolonging the conflict and increasing casualties."
Meanwhile, John Kirby, US National Security Council strategic communications coordinator, announced the announcement of a new military aid package to Ukraine at a closed briefing on Friday.
- Satellite images show Russians preparing for new air attack on Ukraine
- Crime in Kiev dropped during blackout - National Police
- A third bomb discovered in Spain in the last two days
- Pentagon signs billion-dollar contract to supply NASAMS air defence systems to Ukraine
- NATO wants to invest in Soviet weaponry used by Ukraine
- Germany admits it actually contributed to the outbreak of war in Ukraine