Supreme Court chief says Russians prepared in advance to rape Ukrainians
The Russians were preparing in advance for violence against Ukrainians.
Instruments for committing sexual crimes against Ukrainians distributed to the Russian military have been found in the de-occupied territories, the head of the Supreme Court, Vsevolod Knyazev, said during the United for Justice international conference, Ukrinform reported.
In sexual crimes in Ukraine, there are not just perpetrators, there are also organizers. Because the structure of these crimes is very complex. Was not it a form of genocide of the Ukrainian people? he said.
Knyazev said that on the de-occupied territories of Pushcha, Borodyanka, and Irpen, in the premises which were used as headquarters of Russian officers, the SBU found means used for violent sexual acts.
The officers were handing them out to soldiers so that they would use them later. It is likely that they already had this with them and this crime had been planned in advance," he stressed.
Knyazev believes that such cases will soon become mass cases in courts, so their timely and correct qualification is extremely important.
- Occupiers plan mobilisation in Mariupol
- Reznikov voiced Ukraine's main needs for a counter-offensive
- Lukashenko threatens Ukraine and fears NATO will invade Belarus
- How many people have applied to join the Offensive Guard
- "The enemy is visibly nervous," Syrsky said of the situation on the Bakhmut direction
- Ukraine to raise the age limit for contract military service for officers