Reasons why you may be denied IDP status
Editor at SOCPORTAL.INFOabout author
With the outbreak of a full-scale war in Ukraine, the number of internally displaced persons exceeded 8 million
According to the website of the Fakti channel, in order to receive state and international financial assistance, the majority of Ukrainians have applied for IDP status. But not everyone who submitted their data was granted this displaced person status.
There are cases when a person may be denied IDP status.
You may not be given an IDP certificate if:
- there are no circumstances that led to internal displacement;
- public authorities have information that confirms that you deliberately provided false data in order to obtain IDP status;
- you lost your identity documents (passport) - however, after their restoration, a certificate can be obtained;
- you are not officially registered in the territory of the region from which you left - for example, if you are registered in Lviv, but lived in Kharkiv, from which you left as an IDP, you may not be given a certificate of a displaced person;
- you do not have evidence that would confirm your residence in the territory from which you made the transfer.
If you have been denied IDP status, you can appeal this decision. You must apply to the District Administrative Court.
Support us on Patreon
Like our content? Become our patron
Editor at SOCPORTAL.INFO
Artur Zayonts specialises in news from the frontline. A historian by education, Arthur has always sought to bring depth and context to his journalistic work.
A child died after a fire in a refugee shelter in Thuringia. What is known
Medical centre for Ukrainian refugees opened in Poland
It has been revealed how many refugees have refused asylum abroad
Who Returns to Ukraine and Why: Three Stories of Displaced Persons
Interior Ministry building in Shebekino, Russia, hit with Grads by Russian Volunteer Corps
Syrsky addressed the fighters in the Liman direction. A possible offensive is imminent
Russian propagandists come up with a new story about battle locusts attacking Russia
News about war
Shelling in the Kherson region. One person killed, two injured
Two drones crash in Kaluga region
The enemy shelled Kharkiv Region over the past 24 hours. There are casualties.
Kadyrov says he is ready to send his mercenaries "to defend Belgorod"
Subscribe to our Telegram Channel
Share the truth about war in Ukraine