The Interior Ministry said they expect a surge in crime in Ukraine
The Ministry of Internal Affairs told what crimes could increase in the coming months.
In the coming months, thefts of motor vehicles and crimes in the field of illegal arms trafficking will become more frequent in Ukraine, the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine predicts. He said this in an interview as part of the All-Ukrainian telethon.
At the same time, he noted that in the first months of the war, a sharp decline in crime was observed in the country, in almost all categories of crimes and throughout the country. At the same time, Monastyrsky drew attention to the fact that in the same period a sharp increase in war crimes began to be observed, which "is quite understandable."
Today, a certain increase in the number of grave and especially grave crimes, in particular murders, is recorded, which is also associated with war crimes, Monastyrsky said.
The head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs explained that the fall was due to the crisis - the "shock" in which all citizens of Ukraine found themselves at the beginning of the war. Further, he believes, the crime curve will creep up.
We expect that within two to five months there will be an increase, especially for certain categories of crimes, Monastyrsky emphasized.
He clarified that it is, first of all, about thefts, car thefts and crimes in the field of illegal arms trafficking.
- They removed the “damage” from money: in Kyiv, women were detained who lured money from pensioners
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs told where you can get information about captured Ukrainians
- It became known how many crimes Russia committed against journalists and media in Ukraine
- Prosecutor General: Five cases of sexual abuse of Russian military against children have been established
- In Ukraine, it was allowed to register cars and order new numbers online
- Kuleba: Putin publicly admitted to aggression against Ukraine