One killed and 20 injured in explosion in Yerevan
An explosion occurred in the Surmalu shopping center in Yerevan.
People may still remain under the rubble of the Surmalu shopping center in Yerevan, the mayor's office of the Armenian capital reported.
There is no exact information about the victims yet, - said the press secretary of the Yerevan Municipality Levon Sardaryan.
She said that rescuers had already taken out the body of one of the victims from under the rubble. Another 20 people are injured.
The Armenian Ambulance Service also confirmed that 11 people were hospitalized as a result of a fire that broke out in a market located near the shopping center.
Earlier that day, an explosion occurred in the Surmalu shopping center in Yerevan. Teams of fire rescuers are working on the spot, as a fire broke out in the shopping center after the explosion.
The moment of the powerful explosion was caught on video.
The roof of the building was literally torn apart from the inside, after which the nearby street was filled with thick smoke.
The warehouse with fireworks was preliminarily lit up.
- Melitopol mayor speaks out about the consequences of yesterday's "arrivals" in the city
- There was an explosion near occupied Melitopol
- Russians leave Berdyansk port after morning blast
- Car blown up in Kharkiv region: woman killed, children seriously injured
- Interior Ministry building in Shebekino, Russia, hit with Grads by Russian Volunteer Corps
- Rossmi: FSB building attacked in Belgorod
Elena Rasenko writes about science, healthy living and psychology news, and shares her work-life balance tips and tricks.