Macron met with the mayor of Melitopol released from captivity (photo)
French President Emmanuel Macron held a meeting with Melitopol Mayor Ivan Fyodorov, who was captured by the Russian invaders.
Emmanuel Macron announced this on Twitter .
It is hard to imagine what the mayor of Melitopol, kidnapped by the Russian army, experienced. Now he is free, and we have heard his story. She is stunning. I expressed our admiration and support to him and the deputies of the Verkhovna Rada who came with him. Side by side with Ukraine, resolutely and to the end! - wrote the President of France.
Macron's meeting with Fedorov took place at the Elysee Palace in Paris.
At first, Macron tweeted about the meeting in French, and a few hours later a tweet appeared in Ukrainian.
It is important to show that you survived the stealing of the Russian army of the measures of Melitopol. Now I'm at liberty and we felt this rose. Vaughn is naked. I hung out to youmu and the deputies of the Verkhovna Radi, who came with him, our zahoplenya that pidtrimku. Plea-o-plea for Ukraine, richer to the end! pic.twitter.com/IDTdLBOfzL— Emmanuel Macron (@EmmanuelMacron) April 1, 2022
Enlevé par l'armée russe, on ne peut imaginer ce que le maire de Melitopol a vécu. Libre, il témoigne. Son histoire nous bouleverse. Je lui ai dit, ainsi qu'aux députées ukrainiennes avec lui, notre admiration et notre soutien. Aux côtés de l'Ukraine, déterminés, nous le restons. pic.twitter.com/OYu1lTEfA8— Emmanuel Macron (@EmmanuelMacron) April 1, 2022
- Occupiers in Melitopol hand out payments only on presentation of Russian passport
- A grade 5 pupil in Melitopol sang the Ukrainian anthem in front of the occupiers
- Explosions heard in Russian-occupied Melitopol
- Russians in Melitopol are increasingly harassing teenage girls - city hall
- Ukrainians in Melitopol have found a way not to take Russian passports
- US general says what needs to be done to de-occupy Melitopol